Friday, January 18, 2008

Anthropologie in Milwaukee!




I can't really even begin to tell you how exciting it is to have been able to welcome both Urban Outfitters and Anthropologie to Milwaukee this winter. I stepped into Anthropologie over my lunch break today (opening day) - and could barely contain the squeals. Had I not been shopping alone - well - I wouldn't have even tried but I didn't want to draw too much attention to my sheer, unbridled excitement. I know a lot of other cities already have these stores, and maybe other people don't share in my extremely high level of excitement. But - I work in Milwaukee's Third Ward and in just the past two years have seen such a dramatic change in this area - Anthropologie was almost too much for me to handle. Okay, maybe not. I loved it! I can't afford much in the store but that won't stop me from going in and touching everything and oohing and aahing over things like this $88 sweater I'm dying to get my grubby little hands on. Their home goods are not nearly as pricey as their clothing, so I did manage to pick up the really cute dish towel pictured above that I'm going to turn into a shade for the window on my front door. I also picked up a sweet, old-fashioned perfume bottle that was (already) marked down to about 5 dollars. Hooray for Milwaukee! (We are finally getting some decent shopping in this city!)

2 comments:

azn1981 said...

I am also drooling over this sweater. An excursion will need to be made, STAT.

aasuttle said...

Thank goodness for your blog and for Anthropologie! I LOVE THAT STORE! I am happy to hear it made it to Milwaukee! I must admit I am going to miss the great shopping here in FL BUT I am excited to have you as my new shopping buddy!