Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Another lovely invitation




Something I never thought about but really love, is a beautiful script-only invitation (via Style Me Pretty) - top left image of this very "now" gray and canary yellow inspiration board. I love this - if the bride and groom, paper stock, print quality and envelope option are just right - this would be so elegant and expressive, and unique! I know traditionally wedding invitations were text only - a nice calligraphy-style script - with maybe a flourish or two. But what about with fonts like these (I typed the font name into the samples - from myfonts.com). It becomes so couture and modern, yet keeps a little bit of that tradition alive. And I think what is really working with the sample one are the thin and thick strokes of the letters - it gives the design some depth and texture.

No comments: