Friday, May 23, 2008

Thinking about product packaging.



One of the things I've been thinking about lately is how to creatively package miscellaneous stationery items in a way that is creative, environmentally responsible, and stands out from the crowd. There are so many great ideas out there. I've been going crazy over design*sponge's National Stationery Show coverage this past week (maybe next year I'll actually be able to go?) When I met Grace (of d*s fame) in Chicago a few months ago at the Biz Ladies Meetup, she said that honestly it's kind of unnecessary to attend, as so many blogs and sites have such great coverage, and really do all of the sifting for you. Still - so many paper products - all in one place...sounds sort of heavenly. I know- so dorky! Plus - I get overwhelmed when there is too much selection. But I would just love to see how the booths are styled, how the products are bundled, and personally meet some of the vendors I would potentially be using to stock my shop. Here are just a few cute ideas - I especially love the one with the textile/burlap-ish bag. That's sustainable, right? If you are recycling discarded bags? Love it.

1 comment:

dembi dj said...

Lisa, if you are a paper person, as I am, you should go to one of those shows. At manufacturer shows you come away with bags of goodies and samples. One of my favorites was a set of Crane stationery in a custom case with a tie. You'll be happier than a hog in slop.